Saturday, August 4, 2012

Plants: Aphelandra Squarrosa, zebra plant


I saw this in UP Diliman and took a photo with my Nokia C3. The most striking feature are the bright green leaves and the decorative prominent veins. I formerly thought this was a fittonia, but a friend corrected me that this is aphelandria and is already widespread in Bacolod City! I still need to see the flowers, ..., someday we will be successful!





Here is another non-flowering aphelandra found in Bacolod City. Oops this is an iresine herbstii from Brazil. Will repost this in another post.




PlantAphelandra Squarrosa
Common namezebra plant
CameraNokia C3 phone camera
PhotographerDr. Ernesto P. Adorio
AcknowledgmentProf. Hermie Siroy (Identification)
ReferenceWikipedia
Revisions.



  • August 5, 2012 Earlier Fittonia verschaffeltii label changed to Aphelandria.

No comments:

Post a Comment