Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Flowers: lollipop or golden-shrimp, lutea, justicia


What a name. They call this a shrimp plant for some reason.Another common name is candleflower, but that applies more to the acapulco plant flower.

December 19, 2012

Facebook changed the links to my photos again. So I am reposting again this time using a photo of my Friend. Camera used was a Samsung ES15.




Here are my photos, I will review my albums and repost with new Facebook addresses.




PlantPachystachys_lutea
CommonLollipop, golden-shrimp, lutea, justicia, kalyakay
Location Quezon Memorial Circle Public Garden
CameraOlympus VG-110
PhotographerDr. Ernesto P. Adorio
Reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachystachys_lutea, 2004 Southern Living Garden Book page: 442, right column.
CopyrightAdorio Digital Images Library, free for non-commercial uses


First photo courtesy of Al Jr. Ferrer Claud. Published with a link to the photo with permission on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment