Monday, July 22, 2013

Photos from an 8 Mbyte Nokia 520 phone


I still have my "old" Nokia C3 phone with me. It has a 2 megapixel camera, without flash however. My niece bought a newer windows 8 Nokia phone with an 8 Mbytes rear facing camera. It still had no flash, and here are some test shots taken with her phone.



It is amazing that the photos are sharp! What is more it should be easy to upload images to a computer, and to Facebook and other sharing sites, using wifi.


As a comparison, here are two photos of the same subject, taken with my HS25EXR camera.




The camera phone is easy to carry, and is unobtrusive, thus capable of candid shots.
The colors are vivid to the extent that one may say 'posterised'.

Certainly I am not replacing my HS25EXR camera with a camera phone, I am even wishing to get my hands on n HS50EXR 42x zoom camera! But based on the results, I can say that camera phones have come a long way!


First set of photos taken by Ms. Lysa Arce with a Nokia 520 smartphone. Second set taken by Dr. Ernesto Adorio with a Fujifilm HS25EXR camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment