Sunday, September 30, 2012

Centratherum punctatum, brazilian bachelor's button plant


I saw a photo of the flower in Facebook. I thought it was a thistle, guessing even a cyanara, centaureaus, or an artichoke. But yesterday, September 30, I saw it in person along the sidewalk in Kalayaan Avenue in Diliman Quezon City! So inspired by my find that I searched, using Google for photos of lavender button flower. In a short time, I zeroed on the final guess: a centrathenum punctatum commonly known as brazilian bachelor's button plant. So it is not native to the Philippines, but has become naturalized in in Negros Island.

It grows weedlike, nevertheless the lavender color is stunning. I just wish I brought along my olympus cam for better closeups, but the Samsung is much more versatile for far objects.




More photos in my facebook album.


PlantAsterales/Asteraceae/Vernonieae/Centratherum/punctatum
Common Names larkdaisy, Brazilian button flower, pineapple thistle, porcupine flower, Brazilian bachelor’s button and Manaos beauty.
LocationKalayaan Avenue
CameraSamsung WB150F
PhotographerDr. Ernesto P. Adorio
AlbumFacebook
Images copyright by Adorio Digital Library, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment